Action Teams collaborate to implement projects that support the Viability Initiative.
Below you will find the project(s) each team is currently working on.
- Creating a coordinated, grassroots, statewide education and marketing campaign focused on increasing local food purchasing
- Submitting grant proposals to fund involvement in this campaign
- Recently promoted NH Eat Local Month in August with messaging and an NH Eat Local Hunt Instagram campaign
- Working with Food Solutions New England on their New Narrative Project
Chair: Erin Hale, NH Food Alliance (email@example.com)
- Creating the Salute to NH Foodpreneurs highlights
- Compiling a Farm, Fish, and Food Resource Directory
- Coordinating a food hub feasibility study for the Seacoast area, as well as a month Community of Practice (CoP) call for those interested in food hubs
Chair: Jennifer Wilhelm, NH Food Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Food Access (Consumer)
- Developing a toolkit and other resources for a Fruit and Vegetable Prescription (FVRx) program in NH
- Recently published an infographic summarizing FVRx and other nutrition incentive programs across the state
Food Access (Institution)
- Finishing a toolkit for institutional buyers who are interested in purchasing from local producers
- Working with Sodexo to get more local food into colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions
Chair: Stacey Purslow, NH Farm to School
- Recruiting new members; recently created three sub-committees for funding, policy, and education goals.
- Participated in the Land for Good Land Access Project closing event
- Working to establish a Young Fisher's Foundation for NH, Southern ME, and Northern MA.
- Provide training and assistance to ensure the success of the next generation of fishers.
Chair: Andrea Tomlinson, NH Community Seafood