Action Teams collaborate to implement projects that support the Viability Initiative.
Below you will find the project(s) each team is currently working on.
- Creating a coordinated, grassroots, statewide education and marketing campaign focused on increasing local food purchasing
- Submitted a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant proposal with the purpose of creating coordinated statewide messaging
- Recently promoted NH Eat Local Month in August with messaging and an NH Eat Local Hunt Instagram campaign
- Working with Food Solutions New England on their New Narrative Project
Chair: Erin Hale, NH Food Alliance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Creating the Salute to NH Foodpreneurs highlights
- Compiling a Farm, Fish, and Food Resource Directory
- Coordinated and administered a survey to various stakeholders to determine needs and demand for a Seacoast food hub
- Helped to create a Community of Practice (CoP) with other food hubs across New Hampshire
- Submitted a USDA planning grant proposal to conduct a feasibility study for food hub infrastructure on the Seacoast
Chair: Jennifer Wilhelm, NH Food Alliance (email@example.com)
Food Access (Consumer)
- Developing a toolkit and other resources for a Fruit and Vegetable Prescription (FVRx) program in NH
- Submitted a proposal to fund a plot FVRx program in the state
- Recently published an infographic summarizing FVRx and other nutrition incentive programs across the state
- Continuing to evaluate multiple different nutrition incentive and education programs around New Hampshire to determine best practices
Food Access (Institution)
- Finishing a toolkit for institutional buyers who are interested in purchasing from local producers
- Working with Sodexo to get more local food into colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions
Chair: Stacey Purslow, NH Farm to School
- Recruiting new members; recently created three sub-committees for funding, policy, and education goals.
- Participated in the Land for Good Land Access Project closing event
- Recently received a generous $90,000 grant from an anyonymous donor to help fund farm viability planning and the conservation of agricultural soil health
- Helped to create a bridge loan program with the NHCLF, and are working on a dedicated loan fund with them for conservation easements
- Currently developing a toolkit for peer-to-peer conservation easement workshops
- Working to establish a Young Fisher's Foundation for NH, Southern ME, and Northern MA.
- Provide training and assistance to ensure the success of the next generation of fishers.
Chair: Andrea Tomlinson, NH Community Seafood
Interested in learning more or joining an Action Team? Click here!